Over 60 billion online messages are sent on digital platforms every day, and only a select few succeed in the mad scramble for customer attention.
This means that the question for anyone who wants to gain mass exposure for their transformative content, business, or brand or connect with audiences around the globe is no longer if they should use social media but how to best take advantage of the numerous different platforms.
Digital strategist and “growth hacker” Brendan Kane has the answer and will show you how – in 30 days or less. A wizard of the social media sphere, Kane has built online platforms for A-listers including Taylor Swift and Rihanna. He’s advised brands such as MTV, Skechers, Vice, and IKEA on how to establish and grow their digital audience and engagement. Kane has spent his career discovering the best tools to turn any no-name into a top influencer simply by speaking into a camera or publishing a popular blog – and now he’ll share his secrets with you.
In One Million Followers, Kane will teach you how to gain an authentic, dedicated, and diverse online following from scratch; create personal, unique, and valuable content that will engage your core audience; and build a multi-media brand through platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
Featuring in-depth interviews with celebrities, influencers, and marketing experts, including:
- Chris Barton, cofounder and board director of Shazam and former head of Android business development for Google
- Ray Chan, CEO and cofounder of 9GAG
- Julius Dein, internet personality and magician with nearly 16 million Facebook followers
- Mike Jurkovac, Emmy Award-winner and creative director of will.i.am and the Black Eyed Peas
- Phil Ranta, former COO of Studio71 and VP of network at Fullscreen
- Eamonn Carey, managing director at Techstars London
- Jonathan Skogmo, founder and CEO of Jukin Media, Inc.
- Jon Jashni, founder of Raintree Ventures and former president and chief creative officer of Legendary Entertainment
One Million Followers is the ultimate guide to building your worldwide brand and unlocking all the benefits social media has to offer. It’s time to stop being a follower and start being a leader.
- The book has some good tips, but you have to really want it. You need to wade through all these stories that wined and twist that have no real value to get to the information. Took me two days to get through it and I had only a few pages of useful info. Over priced and lots of page filler.
This could have been a 50 page book instead of 230 of useless drek,
- As a creative director, writer and brand marketer, I’m always looking at books like this; namely, the ones that make big promises that they’ll show me something new, something simple, something vital that I’ve been missing in this world of branding technology that is incredibly difficult to keep up with. Yes, they usually leave me wanting in one way or another, but not this time. Kane simply delivers. He breaks everything down in an organized manner, and delivers the tips and tricks you’ll need (if you’re reading this review, you must need them) to grow your effort, passion or brand.
In the end, you’re simply going to have to do the work. While it won’t always be fun, it should always be fulfilling. Whatever you’re here for, make sure it’s true calling. Be dead certain that this is your passion. If it really is, and you’re smart enough to read Kane’s book, you’re going to win. And big.
- There are hundreds of “how-to” books that have been written about leveraging social media, but there are three reasons why One Million Followers should be the first one that you read:
Brendan has worked with some of the world’s most recognizable celebrities and corporations. If they trust his expertise and advice, you should, too.
2. Easy to understand.
If you’re not a millennial, social media may seem a bit frightening to use but it’s clear that in today’s era there’s no better way to reach a wide audience in such a quick and cost-efficient manner. It’s one thing to understand how to harness the power of social media, but it’s another thing to be able to explain it clearly and concisely without lots of confusing technical jargon. One Million Followers is easy to read and understand so that anyone from an intelligent child to an aging baby boomer can implement Brendan’s advice immediately.
3. More than just theory.
Brendan practices what he preaches here. All of his advice has been tested in the real world. In fact, before he wrote this book he wanted to see if his methods would work for those who don’t already have a large following — and he gained a million real followers in just one month. The word “real” is an important distinction. Anyone can get a million bots to follow them. This book isn’t about how to do that. It’ll teach you how to learn what your audience wants and tailor your social media strategy accordingly. And the best part is that Brendan’s strategies will work for anyone –whether you have currently one follower or 100,000 — he’ll teach you something new that will completely change the way you interface with your audience.
I manage communications and social media for a large, nationally-recognized nonprofit with over 100k followers, and this is easily my favorite book about digital communications. Do yourself a favor and read this one before the others — chances are, it’ll be the only book you’ll need to read.
- I’m fairly new to Brendan’s world. It wasn’t the celebrity or fortunate 500 that drew me in. It was his honest, simple, and generous sharing of information that you will find in this book.
Brendan makes it clear, and he’s right, it’s going to take a lot of work. But his know-how and tips will allow you to bypass hours of figuring things out and get right to the real work.